Galia Golan: Galia Golan: An Academic Pioneer on the Soviet Union, Peace and Conflict Studies, and a Peace and Feminist Activist. Pioneers in Arts, Humanities, Science, Engineering, Practice (PAHSEP), No. 22 (Cham: Springer International Publishing, 2019).
ISBN: (Hardcover): 978-3-319-95212-3
ISBN: (Softcover): 978-3-030-06994-0
ISBN: (MyCopy): 978-3-319-95214-7
Order this book on Springer Website
- Offers an inside look at a lifetime of courageous activities and groundbreaking intellectual pursuits of a woman who was a leader in her academic field and in the struggle for peace and for women’s rights
- Sheds light on the Arab-Israeli conflict and the issue of women and peace - in the past and at present
- Supplemented by a wealth of photos of the author at work and in action
This is an autobiography of an unusual and versatile woman, focusing on her academic development and achievements as well as her international activism. In addition to a discussion of the origins and path of the author's academic work and activism (for peace and for women's rights), that deals with the author's work in US intelligence and immigration to Israel in the 1960s, the volume includes ground-breaking articles from the different, often controversial areas of her academic specializations (Czechoslovak communism, Soviet foreign policy; peace studies, the Arab-Israeli conflict; women's rights). The volume also includes photos of the author at work and in action.
- The book offers an inside look at a lifetime of courageous activities and ground breaking intellectual pursuits of a woman who was a leader in her academic field and in the struggle for peace and for women's rights.
- The included texts themselves shed light on important topics, both past and present, including the Israeli-Arab Conflict and also the issue of women and peace.
Keywords: Peace Studies, Soviet Union, Arab-Israeli conflict, Czechoslovak communism, Women's rights, Peace activism, Russian and post-soviet politics
Authors and affiliations
Galia Golan, Department of Political Science,Hebrew University of Jerusalem,Jerusalem, Israel