Tsugihiro Watanabe, Selim Kapur, Mehmet Aydın, Rıza Kanber, Erhan Akça (Eds.): Climate Change Impacts on Basin Agro-ecosystems (Cham: Springer- Springer International Publishing, 2019).
ISBN: 978-3-030-01035-5 (Softcover)
ISBN: 978-3-030-01036-2 (EBook)
Doi: 10.1007/978-3-030-01036-2_ (add chapter no.)
Order this book on Springer Website
- Elaborates on the methodologies for the assessment of climate change impacts on agricultural production and adaptation
- Outlines concepts and processes of an integrated approach
- Includes numerous cases studies
The chapters of this book are based on the outcomes of a Turkish-Japanese bilateral project dealing with the impacts of climate change on basin agro-ecosystem. The book is unique in knowledge for the developing world, and updated with more recent information. The chapters are related to: a) the development and improvement of a regional climate model for more accurate prediction with higher resolution of future changes in regional climate, b) the structure of land and water management in agricultural production Systems in arid areas, especially to evaluate quantitatively the relationships among cropping Systems, hydrological cycle and water balance in farmland and its environs, c) the assessment of impacts of climate change and adaptations on agricultural production Systems, mainly on the aspect of land and water management, d) the vulnerability of agricultural production Systems from natural changes and the measures for enhancing sustainability of agriculture.
- This book elaborates on the methodologies for the assessment of climate change impacts on agricultural production and adaptation.
- In this book, the concepts and processes of an integrated approach are outlined, and its application in a case project is introduced.
- The approaches in the chapters are expected to be applied in different cases and could be improved with experiences and introduction of advanced techniques.